How Can We Help?
Getting Started – Ultimate WP SMS Pro
Follow the instructions below to get started with the Ultimate WP SMS Pro plugin.
Step 1 – Activate your license keys
- In UWS Plugin, Go to License Keys tab to activate your license key. This will enable automatic plugin updates through the WordPress dashboard.
- To activate the licenses, enter your key(s) and press the ‘Activate License’ key.
- Press the ‘Save Settings’ button and move to Step 3.
Step 2 – Get your account from your selected SMS Gateway
- Setup your SMS gateway. For more info please check How to Setup SMS Gateway.
- Save Settings and move to Step 2.
- Note: It’s recommended that you setup a Messaging Service from the available SMS Gateway, which will send the messages from the plugin to SMS Gateway quicker and offers advanced features like a number pool.
Step 3 – Add some members to a group
- Go to the Group Manager tab.
- If adding member to a new group, create first the group by clicking on the ‘Add New Group’ button on top, enter the details and press ‘Save Group’ button to save, then proceed to adding members.
- To add members, Choose the group to add the member/s. Click on a ‘Add Member’ icon. Enter the new member’s details and press the ‘Add New’ button to add and save the member to the group.
- Once you’ve added some members, move to Step 4.
Step 4 – Send some messages
- Go to the Send Message tab
- Choose message type in ‘Send message as’ if SMS, Text-to-voice/audio file or MMS.
- Select sender number in ‘Send From’ field.
- On ‘Send To’ field, select whether you send the message in groups (can be multiple groups) or just enter a custom numbers.
- Enter your message details.
- Then press the ‘Send Your Message’ button to send.
- Click on the Message History tab, to see the history and status of the messages you sent.
- From the Message History tab, click History, click ‘Open Message’ to open the ‘virtual phone’, allowing you to view the full message thread and send messages to the same recipient.
Step 5 – Receive SMS messages (including Opt-outs).
- To receive SMS messages and group subscription opt-outs into the plugin, you need to configure the ‘A MESSAGE COMES IN’ field in your Twilio account.
- You can do this manually, or you can use the ‘Configure’ button or the Messaging-Settings-Twilio Settings page
- To configure manually, following the steps below.
- Login to your Twilio account, select your numbers and configure the ‘Messaging’ section.
- Configure the ‘A MESSAGE COMES IN’ field, to use Webhooks and enter the URL:
- Once the ‘A MESSAGE COMES IN’ is configured, Twilio will route SMS messages sent to your Twilio number, to the UWS plugin.
- You can see received SMS messages in the Message History tab.
- You can choose to be notified when an SMS is received, in the Settings > Notification > Inbound Message and Subscription Notifications.